Monument record MDR9326 - Embankment, original trackbed, nr. Hindlow Quarry; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY EMBANKMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A triangular shaped mound / embankment which forms the centre of the turning triangle. The sides of the mound measure approximately 35m x 35m x 35m and 0.8m high. The mound appears to be constructed of earth with all the sides / edges being formed by 0.8m high drystone retaining walls, built using irregular limestone blocks. (1). NGR: SK 09430 68535
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 405.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 549-554.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 54-55.
- <5> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXII.10.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 64.
|Grid reference||SK 09435 68543 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2019 4:02PM