Monument record MDR9361 - Signal Post, High Peak Junction, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY SIGNAL (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site
A wooden signal post at the east end of Cromford Goods, but probably a later addition to the railway. The post is square cut and stands approximately 10-15m high. There is a metal bolted reinforcing plate at the bottom half and there is also a signal lever and ladder. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 23.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 30.
- <3> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23-25, 101.
- <4> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p. 48.
- <5> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p.72-75, 79, 81-83, 85.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 46, 85.
- <7> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p. 243.
|Grid reference||SK 3136 5598 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM