Building record MDR9364 - Railway Agent's House, Cromford & High Peak Railway, High Peak Junction
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY WORKERS COTTAGE (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- Listed Building (II) 1263877: THE AGENT'S HOUSE AND THE LOCO
- World Heritage Site
A pair of former railway houses built c. 1826. Constructed from ashlar with a hipped slate roof, of two storeys plus basement below road level, built into the steep embankment below the roadside. (1) High Peak Railway agent's house, c. 1826, now split into two buildings. Consisting of two storeys plus basement below road level. Built into the steep embankment below the roadside. Constructed from regular faced and coursed ashlar, cut gritstone blocks with fine tooling, finely worked lintels around the doors and windows, with a pitch roof of slate. (2)
- <1> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. 3/3155/077.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no. 26.
- <3> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 36.
- <4> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <5> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 25, 73.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p.85-86.
- <8> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 67.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3130 5595 (15m by 15m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM