Monument record MDR9365 - Signal Indicator, High Peak Junction, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY SIGNAL (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site
Metal wheel and handle fixed to a large metal disc, approximately 1m diameter, which in turn is fixed upright against two wooden planks. One of the planks is upright, the other is at 45 degrees angle. Both the wheel and the handle turn. There is a possible arrow and the letter 'B' painted on the disc. Used as a signal indicator. The metal body work is corroded and the feature surrounded by vegetation. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 27.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 33.
- <3> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23-25, 28.
- <4> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p. 46.
- <5> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p.70-72, 74.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 67, 85.
- <7> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p. 157.
- <8> SDR19348 Bibliographic reference: Nicholson, C P & Barnes, P. 1975. Railways in the Peak District. p. 19.
|Grid reference||SK 3130 5598 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM