Monument record MDR9377 - Retaining Wall, Cromford Incline, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- REVETMENT (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Drystone retaining wall, on the northern side of the track, constructed of large roughly dressed blocks. The wall is approximately 18m long and 3m at its highest point. The wall is abutted by a stone built structure [SMR 9777]. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 39.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 55.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3074 5610 (18m by 4m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM