Monument record MDR9396 - Rope Guides & Wheel Pit (site of), Sheep Pasture Top, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- INCLINE WINDING ENGINE (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Turf covered brickwork and concrete which make up the top of the rope guides and a wheel pit. The structure is turf covered so its size and shape is difficult to assess, the visible remains are approximately 9m long and 4m wide. The wheel pit is buried under the cycle track. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 54.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 83-84.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. inside front cover & back cover.
- <5> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 62, 97.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 12, 29.
- <7> SDR19345 Article in serial: Marshall, J. 1981. 'High Peak Sesquicentenary, part one,' Railway Magazine. July edition, pp 322-325. p. 325.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3006 5619 (15m by 6m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM