Monument record MDR9417 - Siding & Loading Dock, Black Rocks, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (2)
- RAILWAY SIDING (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- GOODS STATION (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
NGR: SK 29226 55791 - SK 29200 55784. The Black Rocks Stone Company siding and loading dock is constructed of mortared, roughly dressed gritstone blocks laid in rough courses. The top layer is constructed of thick concrete slabs. Iron railway track chairs, with the date 1884, can still be seen in places. The chairs held a single rail track which ran along the edge of the loading dock to guide trucks as they reversed up to the dock to dump material in the rail wagons waiting below. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 75.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 110.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <5> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 29.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2920 5578 (61m by 57m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM