Monument record MDR9418 - Barreledge Quarry Tramway (site of), Black Rocks, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- TRAMWAY (Early 20th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1901 AD to 1950 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Barreledge Quarry [SMR 29733] lies to the south-east of the Cromford & High Peak Railway tracks, and the spoil from the mining forms high mounds and slopes, which shapes the hill. There is a rough path up the slopes which delineates the route of the Barreledge Quarry Tramway, which transported material to the Cromford & High Peak Railway. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 76.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 113.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV. 10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2932 5569 (262m by 165m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2018 4:37PM