Monument record MDR9420 - Cromfordmoor Mine (remains of), Black Rocks, Cromford
Type and Period (5)
- MINE SHAFT (Elizabethan to Mid 20th Century - 1600 AD to 1950 AD)
- MINE BUILDING (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
- CHIMNEY (Early 20th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1901 AD to 1950 AD)
- LEAD MINE (Elizabethan to Mid 20th Century - 1600 AD to 1950 AD)
- ENGINE HOUSE (Early 20th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1901 AD to 1950 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
- <1> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Cromford Moor Mines.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 78.
- <3> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 115-118.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV. 10.
- <5> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. p 188, site no. B33.
- <6> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2912 5569 (41m by 49m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM