Monument record MDR9439 - Retaining wall, Middleton Bottom; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- REVETMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Retaining wall holding up the small embankment upon which the track runs, approximately 4m high. The wall diverges from the main track and becomes the retaining wall for the siding down to a blacksmiths and other buildings. NGR: SK 28322 55177 (approx. start point) - SK 28237 55158.
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 97.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. unable to photograph.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV. 14.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 32.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 28277 55158 (98m by 22m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM