Monument record MDR9464 - Tramway (route of) to Middleton quarries, Middleton Top
Type and Period (1)
- TRAMWAY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Course of a narrow gauge tramway from Middleton. The route survives as a trackway approximately 6m wide, between the siding and the main track/boundary wall. It continues as a farm track/footpath between two tumbled limestone drystone walls and the tramway itself is visible as an earthwork.
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 120.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 175.
- <3> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. pp 42, 43.
- <4> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p 32.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 27710 55365 (261m by 790m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM