Monument record MDR9466 - Boundary wall, Middleton Top to Intake Crossing; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone boundary wall, constructed of irregular limestone blocks, approximately 1.5m high. At the bridge (SMR 28335) it becomes a retaining wall, approximately 8m high, for the embankment. There are large drystone buttresses on the west side of the bridge, constructed of irregular limestone blocks. The wall follows the top of a cutting after the embankment finishes. NGR: SK 27486 55137 - SK 27125 54832
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 122.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 179-181.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <5> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 15.
- <6> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV. 14/13.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 27273 54937 (362m by 312m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM