Monument record MDR9468 - Embankment, between Middleton Top & Hopton Tunnel; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY EMBANKMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Railway embankment, approximately 8m high, retained by a stone wall and a buttress on the south side. The north side is difficult to see, but appears to be a mound of earth. NGR: SK 27340 55005 - SK 27259 54938
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 124.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 180-1.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 15.
- <5> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV. 14.
- <6> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 27317 54989 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM