Monument record MDR9472 - Boundary wall, Hopton Tunnel; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone boundary wall, constructed of irregular limestone blocks, approximately 0.5m high. The wall starts at the beginning of the cutting for Hopton Tunnel. The wall rises up, running along the cutting. It rises up above the tunnel and is, presumably, interrupted by a track that passes over the tunnel. The wall ends at the entrance to Hopton Wood Quarry siding (SMR 8363) NGR: SK 26828 54840 - SK 26353 54707
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 128.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 185.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.13.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 26749 54835 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HOPTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM