Building record MDR9484 - Plate-layers hut, Hopton Top, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STOREHOUSE (Built, Georgian to Mid 20th Century - 1830 AD? to 1965 AD? (approximately))
- None recorded
Plate-layer's hut. Small red brick built building, approximately 3.5m x 2.5m and 3m high. Pitched blue slate roof. The structure has an exterior chimney stack.
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 140.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 202.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.13.
- <5> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23.
- <6> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 13, 15.
- <7> SDR19348 Bibliographic reference: Nicholson, C P & Barnes, P. 1975. Railways in the Peak District. P. 17.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 25279 54646 (4m by 4m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HOPTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2020 11:10AM