Monument record MDR9490 - Level-crossing, Harborough Rocks, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- LEVEL CROSSING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Former level-crossing. All that is left is a gap in the boundary walls, with gateposts. The gate in the south boundary wall is gone and access into the Brassington Brickworks is closed off, the gate in the north boundary wall leads into fields by Harborough Rocks. (1-6)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 146.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 210.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <5> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 45.
|Grid reference||SK 24134 55119 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 19 2016 11:45AM