Monument record MDR9496 - Cutting between Harborough Rocks & Longcliffe, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through limestone. Approximately 4m wide and 4m deep. There are short sections of drystone retaining walls in places along the cutting. The cutting is constructed of gritstone and limestone sub-square blocks. NGR: SK 23641 55653 - SK 23442 55703. (1-4)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 152.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 216.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIII.12.
|Grid reference||SK 23536 55673 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 19 2016 11:45AM