Building record MDR9508 - Station house, Longcliffe Goods, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- STATION MASTERS HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Station Masters House. The building has a pitched roof with two chimney stacks. The building is approximately 15m long and 6m wide. The details of construction are unknown as the exterior walls have been rendered and painted. The windows and door have been replaced in recent times. There has been modification and additional outbuildings and walls have been built. (1-9)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 164.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 231.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIII.12.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 46, 48.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 12.
- <8> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 74.
- <9> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 22546 55693 (19m by 17m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 25 2015 4:53PM