Monument record MDR951 - Earthwork trackway, north-east of Lombards Green, Parwich
Type and Period (3)
- TRACKWAY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Bank and ditch noted by C James of Sheffield, June 1956. (1) Visible on aerial photographs to SK 19365594. (2) The identifiable portions of this linear consist only of a low, flat topped bank, being an old, raised trackway linking a series of limekilns to currently used roads. (3) Watkin in 1885 noted another, nearby parallel bank some 400 yards below it. (4) Photographic record and sketch plan. (8, 9) Aerial photograph used to plot the location of the earthwork on the map. (10, 11)
- <1> SDR4088 Map: Sheffield City Museum. Corr 6".
- <2> SDR1150 Aerial Photograph: Royal Air Force (RAF). 1957. Aerial photograph: F.21 58/RAF/2315/0241-2, 22nd November, 1957. F.21 58/RAF/2315/0241-2 22.
- <3> SDR6298 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 06-JUL-66.
- <4> SDR1080 Aerial Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Aerial Photograph: 366.72.307, 439.72.308.
- <5> SDR4442 Article in serial: Watkin, W. 1885. 'The Roman Stations Of Derbyshire' Derbyshire Archaeology Journal. Volume 7. p70.
- <7> SDR9895 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 1689. 1689. 1689, sketch.
- <8> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 11513.1.
- <9> SDR19161 Unpublished document: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Parish file. plan sketch: 2001.
- <10> SDR1229 Aerial Photograph: 1971. Fairey Surveys 1:12000. AP 16_144.
- <11> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 187 557 (142m by 271m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 4 2015 2:58PM