Monument record MDR9514 - Longcliffe Goods Yard; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Longcliffe Goods Yard. The Station Master's House is in private hands, and well-maintained. The goods shed is council owned and also well-maintained. Also surviving are the watering ramp, loading wharf, quarry sidings and coal wharves (all less well preserved). Also remaining are a milepost and gradient post. Rimmer's map indicates that lost structures include: a shed, a reservoir, a goods store and the Station Master's Office. (1-9) SK 22555570 Longcliffe Station (10) A collection of very early railway buildings including original stables. The road is spanned by a bridge composed of single cast iron beams dating from circa 1825. (11)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 170.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 242.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIII.12.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 39, 46, 48.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 11, 12.
- <8> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 50, 74, 76.
- <9> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 10.
- <10> SDR12080 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1955. 6".
- <11> SDR3851 Bibliographic reference: CBA Panel on Indust Mons 1975 5.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 22608 55641 (114m by 110m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 23 2018 1:54PM