Remains of Redgate Coal Pit, to the west of the footpath from Forge Row to the 'Monkey Bridge'. Small iron headgear marked the site until it was demolished in 1969. The pit is shown on the 1830's map of Codnor Park, which was in possession of the NCB (no. 1371). The site was in use as a small waterworks in the late 19th century. (1-2)
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XL.8.
Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Codnor Park coal mine, 1970.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 43692 51363 (62m by 52m)
IRONVILLE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 7 2011 3:08PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.