Remains of the old Great Northern Railway branch line, linking the GNR Nottingham - Pinxton line with the Midland Railway Erewash Valley line. The last time the track was used was in 1950. The bridge across the canal at this point was not demolished until 1967. The line gave the GNR access to the Butterley Iron Works and was, in fact, built before the main line to Pinxton. The branch was double track at this point. The bridge was of cast iron and wood construction. (1).
Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Railway & railway bridge.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 44360 50595 (325m by 99m) (Approximate)
IRONVILLE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2015 11:52AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.