Monument record MDR961 - Little Low, Parwich
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
(Area SK 184589) Little low Close. (1) Little Low, near Parwich, is listed as a barrow by Bateman. (2) However, there is no evidence of a barrow in the indicated area. (3) As the precise location of Little Low is unknown, the grid reference has been used to plot the approximate location of the site. (4)
- <1> SDR15323 Map: Tithe Map and Apportionment Parwich 1847.
- <2> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p292.
- <3> SDR6302 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 08-JUL-66.
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||SK 184 589 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 4 2015 2:48PM