Building record MDR9653 - Bentley Cottage (Dyehouse Croft and Walk Mill Croft), Matlock Green, Matlock Town
Type and Period (2)
- DYE HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FULLING MILL ? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Bentley Cottage, Alfreton Road, Matlock. 19th century building known as Dyehouse Croft, formerly known as Walk Mill Croft (1). Former dye house. (2) The 1st ed. 25" OS map depicts the plot extending onto the west bank of Bentley Brook. Comparison of this map with a modern map shows that the course of the brook has been altered. (3)
- <1> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Bentley Cottage, Matlock (1972).
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(i).6, with photo.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXXIV.3.
|Grid reference||SK 30635 59796 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 17 2017 3:49PM