Monument record MDR9671 - Kilburn railway station (site of), Rawson Green, Denby Bottles
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Victorian - 1865 AD to 1875 AD)
- None recorded
Kilburn Station is a small railway station typical of many on the branch lines, circa 1870. (1) 'Kilbourne Station' is situated at this location on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is still in use by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (2-3) The station is no longer marked on modern OS mapping. It is not known whether anything remains of the station. (4)
- <1> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Railway station, 1960.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 37737 46324 (22m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||KILBURN, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 18 2023 10:33AM