Road bridge over the Erewash Canal.
Built in 1919/11 to replace the former canal bridge. There is a date in stone coping on the SE pillar. The main roadway is carried on steel sections similar to piles. A footpath is carried on fabricated iron on steel beams, (inner), and 1947 rolled steel beams, (outer), these latter by the Frodingham Iron and Steel Co. Ltd. The balustrades to the bridge are cast iron in built up sections. Two of the corner pillars originally had cast iron lamp standards. (1)
Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. road bridge, 1971.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 48865 33887 (point)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:11AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.