Monument record MDR9702 - Gas Works (remains of), Derby Road, Belper
Type and Period (1)
- GAS WORKS (Victorian to Late 20th Century - 1848 AD to 1980 AD)
- World Heritage Site
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 193.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XLV.1.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XLV.1, 1900.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). Sheet XLV.1, 1914.
- <5> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XLV.1, 1938.
- <6> SDR19438 Unpublished document: Joyce, B. 2004. Notes on the land between Belper & Milford now included within the Belper & Milford Conservation Area.
- <7> SDR20587 Verbal communication: Farmer, A. Information derived from site visit, personal research, etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3470 4652 (94m by 333m)|
|Civil Parish||BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 11 2020 1:17PM