Building record MDR9720 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, North Parade, Matlock Bath

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

Former Wesleyan Chapel, North Parade. Opened 1867; corner tower with pyramidal spire. (1) The former Wesleyan Chapel on North Parade is a Grade II building built c. 1860. It is constructed from stone with a nave, chancel, tower on west side with pyramidal spire, and a gabled fa├žade with three blind arches. The chapel forms a group with Nos 52-62 [9974], 64-70 [SMR9973], 72-86 [SMR9950] and 92-98 [SMR9972] North Parade. See list description for further details. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p. 51.
  • <2> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. 3/2958/120.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2951 5838 (15m by 25m)
Civil Parish MATLOCK BATH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.