Building record MDR9732 - St Michael's Church, Queen Street, Derby
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Victorian to 21st Century - 1858 AD to 2050 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Present by c. 1880. (1) St Michael, Queen Street. Rebuilt 1858 by H I Stevens. Stone-faced, with a curious horizontal ribbed rock-facing. Imitation 13th century detail, the interior inspired by St Peters. (2) St Michael's Church, Derby, rebuilt by H I Stevens in 1856. (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet L.9.
- <2> SDR12891 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p 172.
- <3> SDR20086 Article in serial: Burrows, M. 1983. 'Henry Isaac Stevens 1807-1873: A Derby Architect', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 103, pp 133-136. p 136.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 35182 36613 (32m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM