Monument record MDR9769 - Willersley Tunnel, Midland Railway, Cromford
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY TUNNEL (Victorian - 1849 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Site is shown as 'Willersley Tunnel' on late 19th and early 20th century OS maps and was on the Ambergate to Rowsley section of the Manchester branch of the Midland Railway. (1, 2, 3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-7.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-7, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIV-7.
|Grid reference||SK 3005 5775 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM