Building record MDR9802 - Former Bethel Chapel, Derby Road, Ambergate
Type and Period (1)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
- World Heritage Site
There is a United Methodist Free Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The United Methodist Free Church (Bethel Chapel) at Ambergate is a neat stone edifice, with pretty porch and attractive frontage. It was built in 1869. On the east wall inside is a handsome marble tablet to the memory of Thomas Summerside, who died in 1880, through whose exertions chiefly this chapel was built. Under the chapel is a well-lighted schoolroom. (2) It is no longer in use as a place of worship . (3-4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 663.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 19/05/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3486 5087 (12m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM