Chapel Mews, former Zion Methodist Church, Holbrook Road, Belper, a late 18th or early 19th century building.
Site is shown as 'Meth. Chap (Prim.)' on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c1880, and as 'Chap.' on the 2nd and 3rd edition 25" OS mapping.
'On Holbrook Road, named on late 19th century OS maps as Back Hollow, there was a Primitive Methodist Chapel by 1881. The chapel became the Zion Methodist Church but has now been converted into two dwellings.' (1)
From the National Heritage List for England:
'HOLBROOK ROAD 1. 5167 (South-Vest Side ) Zion Methodist Church SK 3446 4/160 II 2. Late C18/early C19. Simple ashlar chapel with symmetric facade. Plinth and pedimental gable. Two storeys. Two windows, sashes with glazing bars ground floor, those of top floor now blocked and stuccoed over. Centre door with lintel and rectangular fanlight.
Listing NGR: SK3492746595.'
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335301?section=official-list-entry.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 34927 46595 (point)
BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 27 2023 10:35PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.