Building record MDR9813 - St Faith's Church, Dalley Lane, Belper Lane End

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • World Heritage Site Buffer Zone

Full Description

Site is shown on late 19th century and early 20th century OS maps as 'St Faith's Church'. (1, 2) Bulmer (1895) states that this building is a chapel-of-ease to Christ Church, Belper. The chapel, dedicated to St Faith, was built in 1890, for £304.00, and is an oblong stone structure, with an entrance at the west end. It was built as a school-chapel, and is lighted by eight pointed windows filled with diamond panes. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIX-12, 1898.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T. 1895. History, Topography & Directory of Derby. p. 629.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIX-12.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3336 4931 (14m by 9m) (Approximate)
Civil Parish BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.