St Mark's church was built in 1891 for £1,236. It belongs to St Peter's parish, and, according to Bulmer (1895), "is a very neat stone building, accommodating about 300. The chancel is separated from the nave by a wooden screen. The east window is of three lights, tracery headed. A pointed brick arch, with folding doors, separates the vestry from the church. The north and south walls are lighted with five and six perpendicular one-light windows, filled with diamond panes of coloured glass. At the west end of the church is a bell turret, containing one bell; while the east end is ornamented by a cross". (1)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T. 1895. History, Topography & Directory of Derby. p. 626.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3690 4737 (40m by 21m)
BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.