Monument record MDR9823 - Smithy (site of), Cowhill, Belper
Type and Period (1)
- BLACKSMITHS WORKSHOP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Site is shown on a late 19th century OS map but is unnamed, although it is shown as 'Smithy' on an OS map at the end of the 19th century and an early 20th century OS map. (1, 2, 3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLV-1.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLV-1, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XLV-1.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3493 4669 (5m by 8m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 9 2017 12:10PM