Saint Pauls church built in 1849 by Barry & Brown, the aisle was added in 1897 by P H Currey. (1)
This church is of 1848-9 and by T D Barry and W Raffles Brown, of Liverpool. It was extended with a new south aisle by P H Currey of Derby in 1897. It is a good, intact and relatively early local example of an ecclesiologically correct Gothic design and is an important feature in the Chester Green area of Derby. It is listed at grade II. See list description for more details. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. 183-4.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No: 1392461.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35521 37078 (33m by 26m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.