Monument record MDR9830 - California Lead Mine (remains of), Dean Hollow, Cromford
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Site is shown as 'California Mine (Lead, Disused)' on late 19th and early 20th century OS maps, modern mapping shows the site to be located within the current boundaries of Dene Quarry. (1, 2, 3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2864 5604 (141m by 107m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 11:12AM