Monument record MDR9838 - Primrose Lead Mine (site of), Dean Hollow, Cromford
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Site is shown as 'Primrose Mine (Lead, Disused)' on late 19th and early 20th century OS maps, modern mapping shows the site to be located within the current boundaries of Dene Quarry. (1, 2, 3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2846 5613 (38m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 11:12AM