Monument record MDR9839 - Lime Kiln (site of), Dean Hollow, Cromford
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Site is shown as 'Old Limekiln' on late 19th century and early 20th century OS maps in the vicinity of the disused California Lead Mine within Dean Hollow, modern mapping shows the site to be located within the current boundaries of Dene Quarry. (1)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-10, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIV-10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2877 5615 (7m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 11:12AM