The Methodist Chapel and schoolroom were completed in 1900 and continue to thrive as the only Methodist chapel in Cromford still in use as a place of worship. (1)
On an early 20th century OS map the building is shown as 'Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan)' and 'Sunday School'. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bayles, F & Ede, J. 1994. The Cromford Guide. p 29.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXIV - 10.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2941 5688 (30m by 24m)
CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
World Heritage Site
Derwent Valley Mills
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.