Monument record MDR9880 - Newland Colliery (site of), Killamarsh

Type and Period (1)

  • (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Two pits and a building are shown on Sanderson's map of 1835. (1) The site is named as 'Newland Colliery' on the OS map of c. 1880. (2) It had clearly gone out of use by 1898, as it is marked only as 'Old Shaft' on the OS map of that date. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XIII.14.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XIII.14, 1898.

Map

Location

Grid reference SK 46443 80145 (point)
Civil Parish KILLAMARSH, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 4 2016 4:09PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.