Building record MDR9920 - Former Three Horseshoes Public House, Lea Main Road, Lea

Type and Period (2)

  • (Georgian - 1750 AD to 1800 AD)
  • (Georgian to Mid 20th Century - 1800 AD to 1950 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

The Three Horseshoes on Lea Main Road. The original local inn, mentioned in Bagshaw's Directory of 1846. Closed approximately 1944. Now a private dwelling [1971]. (1) Late 18th century Grade II house, formerly a house and attached outbuilding. Two storeys, above a basement, of four bays divided in two parts by intermediate quoining, constructed from regularly coursed gritstone with quoins, coped gables with block kneelers, intermediate and end ridge stacks, and a Welsh slated roof. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).6, with photos.
  • <2> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1039896.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3313 5751 (16m by 14m) (Approximate)
Civil Parish DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.