The Jug and Glass Public House is one of three inns mentioned by Bagshaw 1846. Part of a present terraced row of cottages built 1781-2 by the Nightingales as a hospital for their employees. A lintel over the entrance is dated 1782. (1)
The Jug and Glass Public House is a Grade II building with an inscription to the door lintel that reads S.S.E. 1782. It is an L-shaped plan of three storeys and two bays, with a lower two storey range to rear, and is constructed from coursed squared gritstone with quoins, coped west gable, intermediate and west end brick stacks and a stone slated roof. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).4, with photos.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1335319.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3264 5756 (20m by 17m)
DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.