Lea Green consists of 25 acres of parkland with magnificent tree specimens and an 18th century mansion. The mansion was improved in the 19th and 20th centuries and was owned by the Wasse's and the Smedley's. There is a contemporary lodge on the site. The site is now  a sports centre for Derbyshire County Council. (1)
A large, irregular Neo-Jacobean house built in 1839 for the lead merchant Joseph Wass. Wass's son Edward died before 1886, and his trustees sold it to J.B. Marsden-Smedley in 1895, who greatly extended it in 1904-7. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1, with photos.
Bibliographic reference: Craven, M & Stanley, M. 2001. The Derbyshire Country House: 2. p 285, illust..
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3249 5741 (274m by 258m)
DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.