Lea Public School was built in 1808 by public subscription and supported by W.E. Nightingale, except for a charge of 2d a week to pupils. The school was found to be too small and the site was exchanged for the present school which was opened in 1859. The original foundation stone exists. The drawing room was the original schoolroom and the fireplace surround was possibly from Riber Castle. (1)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(e).2, with photo.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3226 5741 (20m by 18m) (Approximate)
DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.