Monument record MDR9932 - Boundary stone, Bracken Lane, Holloway, Dethick, Lea and Holloway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY STONE (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Boundary stone situated in a private garden on Bracken Lane (1971). Large boulder with carved letters 'A C' representing Ashover and Crich. Photographs show other inscriptions, including the date 1802 and the letters CP. (1) The stone is labelled on the 1st edition 25" OS map of circa 1880 and subsequent editions. (2-4) Stone recorded as 'in the dyke next to Mr Woods Close' and from the earlier date of 1757 as well as 1802. Boundary is marked on the 1687 Perambulation Sketch Map, however the stone may have been erected at a later date. (5)
- <1> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 16.2, with photos.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR23431 Correspondence: Wigglesworth, G. 2005. Email regarding archaeological features in and around Lea, received by HER Officer 17/05/2005. Email.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3270 5618 (15m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM