Building record MDR9933 - WI Hall, Crown Street, Duffield
Type and Period (1)
- WORKING MENS CLUB (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1890 AD to 1950 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
An unusual later 19th or early 20th century hall with a veranda along the front like a sports pavilion. (1) The building is not shown on a late 19th century OS map, but it is shown as 'Working Men's Club' on an OS map at the end of the 19th century and an early 20th century OS map, and as 'Club' on a mid 20th century OS map. (2, 3, 4, 5)
- <1> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(d).1, with photo.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV-12.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV-12, 1898.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XLIV-12.
- <5> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV-12.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3430 4359 (18m by 11m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||DUFFIELD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM