Building record MDR9982 - Former Carriage Works, Whitecross Street/Kedleston Road, Derby
Type and Period (2)
- CARRIAGE WORKS (Former Type) (Georgian to Mid 20th Century - 1800 AD? to 1950 AD?)
- GARAGE (Mid 20th Century to 21st Century - 1950 AD? to 2050 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Carriage works. Shown on late 19th and early 20th century OS maps. (1-3). Site now occupied by a garage. All that remains of William Pool's coach and carriage manufactory established in the 1880s is the ground floor storey of the long building fronting Whitecross Street. In later years the site was used as a motor repair garage. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XLIX.12.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XLIX.12, 1901.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). Sheet XLIX.12, 1914.
- <4> SDR19527 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 7.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 34552 37158 (62m by 63m)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2017 11:26AM