Skip to main content

Listed Building: GROVE FARMHOUSE (1140419)

Please read our .

Grade II
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 1774, 6, 94
Date assigned Thursday, November 6, 1986
Date last amended


Farmhouse. Built in 1788 as the manager's house and office of the Stanton Ironworks. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Plain tile roof with coped gables to north. Brick gable stacks. Two storeys and attics. South elevation of three bays. Central full height gabled porch bay and staircase tower. Off-centre doorway with plank door and two C20 windows. To the right is a window with channelled wedge stone lintel and C20 casement. Similar window above. To the right again is a circular window set in a blocked doorway. To the left is a glazing bar sash beneath a channelled wedge stone lintel. C20 casement above beneath a similar lintel. Three bay north elevation has a central doorway flanked by pilasters, the remains of a Tuscan Doric porch. C19 half glazed door. Flanked on each side by former tripartite windows under channelled wedge stone lintels and now with C20 casements. Three windows above with channelled wedge stone lintels and C20 casements, originally sashes. Low parapet. Inside is an open string stick baluster staircase with ramped handrail. Listing NGR: SK4534938573

External Links (1)

Sources (0)



Grid reference SK 45371 38595 (point)
Map sheet SK43NE

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

May 28 2008 1:28PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.