Parish church. C14, C15, restoration C19. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings. Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables. Moulded coped parapets to nave. West tower, nave and chancel. Moulded plinth, except on the north side of the nave. The west tower has a west window of two cusped arched lights under a square head, set in a chamfered surround. The south side has a lower bell opening of 2-lights in a chamfered square headed surround. Second bell opening above has two cusped arched lights under a square head and set in a chamfered surround. Similar bell openings on the other three sides. Moulded stringcourse above and battlemented parapet. South side of nave of three bays, with diagonal buttresses and one intermediate buttress. Steeply gabled C19 south porch has a heavy moulded arch on stumpy half columns. To the left is a 2-light C14 window in a stepped and wave moulded surround with square head and C19 tracery. Two similar windows to the right. The chancel has two more similar windows flanking a single chamfered priests doorway. Much rebuilt in the C19. Diagonal buttresses at the east end of the chancel. 3-light east window with an almost triangular head and wave moulded surround. Tracery of three trefoiled lancets and three trefoils. The north wall of the chancel has no windows. The north wall of the nave has no buttresses and has two windows similar to those on the south side, but entirely C19 and with roll moulded surrounds. Set into the walls of the south porch are two C12 beakheads. Steeply pointed south doorway with continuous wave moulding. C19 plank door with iron strap hinges. Tower arch of two moulded orders, the inner order dying into the imposts. C19 double chamfered chancel arch with hoodmould on both sides with foliage stops. C19 boarded chancel roof with cusping and quatrefoil frieze. Nave roof has tie beams and arched trusses on corbels. C12 circular font with intersecting arcading, set on a C19 octagonal base. Dec piscina and triple sedilia with cusped tracery. C19 stone reredos in the form of a gothic arcade. Painted texts either side of the east window, placed above corbels. Monuments: Three tablets on the north wall of the chancel, to Valentine Stead + 1765, Ann Stead + 1810, Francis Newdigate + 1762. C19 rood screen, Dec style, with foliage frieze and cresting. Stained glass: C19 glass in the three chancel windows. A south nave window of 1910, and a north nave window of 1909, the latter an 'arts and crafts' design of 1910 by Bernard Sleigh of Birmingham - one of very few windows by Sleigh who was better known as a wood engraver. Painted hatchment above the chancel arch.